This is a guide to help you download, install and configure Windows 11.
I will place links to everything you need and will try to explain everything.
1. Download Windows 11
First things first, we need to download Windows 11.
I recommend Enterprise because it has no limitations.
# Download Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
Download the "Windows 11 Media Creation Tool" from microsoft
1. Copy the "media creation tool" to your c:/ drive
2. Hit "Windows key + R" and type in "cmd" and press enter
3. Type "cd c:/" and press enter
4. Copy and Paste the command for your language from above and hit 'Enter'
When asked for a product key
# Make a bootable USB from the Windows 11 iso
Download "Rufus" to make a bootable USB from the iso
Device = Your USB stick
Click "SELECT" and select the Windows 11 iso
After you click "START" you get a couple of questions, make sure these are "CHECKED"
- Remove requirement for 4GB+ RAM, Secure Boot and TPM 2.0
- Remove requirement for an online Microsoft account
- Disable data collection (skip privacy questions)
2. Preperation Checklist
Before you start (re)installing, just run down this checklist to see if you haven't forgotten about anything.
TIP: Put all this stuff on a USB Stick for easy acces after installation.
Don't put it on a network location because we don't want a network connection until we installed the drivers.
1. Make a backup of everything you want to keep This also includes: Bookmarks, Settings
2. Make sure you have the latest drivers for all you hardware
The most important drivers are CHIPSET, AUDIO and VIDEO
AMD CHIPSET and VIDEO Drivers
If you have an AMD processor, install these CHIPSET Drivers instead of the ones from your motherboard manufacturer.
5. BIOS Settings
Make sure these BIOS settings are set, BEFORE you start installing Windows 11
From Boot: To enter the BIOS press del or F2
From Windows: Hold shift en press restart, in the menu choose: Advanced, Troubleshoot, UEFI Setup
Before installing make sure:
1. The BIOS settings from above are set.
2. Unplug your network cable.
1. Boot from USB
Press 'F11' to choose a boot device and pick your 'USB drive'
Windows makes 3 (or 4) partitions for you when you click new, so throw away ALL your old ones.
Check which drive it is for you and if you have mutiple drives don't throw away the wrong one.
Windows will now format the partition and install Windows
After Windows finishes installing it will reboot and continue the setup.
Select 'i don't have internet'
Select 'Continue with limited setup'
Setup a Local User name
Setup 3 security questions
Sit back untill Windows finishes installing
DON'T plugin your network cable just yet !!
4. Configure Windows 11 Enterprise
DON'T plugin your network cable or else Windows Update will interfere in the driver installation.
Always start with installing your drivers, before connecting your network cable.
1. DriversFirst install the downloaded drivers in this order:
1. CHIPSET (reboot after install)
4. Reboot and plugin Network Cable
2nd thing to do is to activate Windows so all settings unlock. Use Microsoft-Activation-Scripts
1. Start "MAS-AIO"
2. Choose the option HWID (1)
3. Windows Update
3rd thing to do is Update Windows
Make sure there are no more Updates available before you continue, because updates sometimes reset settings.
Could take a couple of reboots.
4rd and last thing is to make Windows faster and cleaner.
This guide is for MGMartys_MakeNBreak_Win11
1. Start MGMartys_MakeNBreak_Win11
2. Adjust all the settings you want, except on the APPS, WINGET and WSL pages.
4. Start MGMartys_MakeNBreak_Win11 again
5. Now run through the APPS, WINGET and WSL pages to finish your config
6. Reboot when finished
Well Done !
You've finished downloading, installing and configuring Windows 11
I hope this guide helped you out and was easy to follow.